Monday, March 31, 2014

I'm going in for surgery

I have recently been diagnosed with a sports hernia and will have to go in for surgery pretty soon, haven't finalized a date yet. I have been playing with this hernia problem for most of the season but have managed to play through it up until about a week ago when I had to stop training because I was unable to sprint. I have been playing with a lot of stiffness and pain but have been able to play fairly well in most of the games this season.

The other week I got something tiny stuck in my eye which was really annoying and made blinking hurt. I tried to get it out a few times but eventually after 24 hours I'd had enough and asked Macie to have a good look at it and get it out with a Q tip. She managed to get the tiny speck after a few tries and the feeling of relief was fantastic. I was also able to see better and for the next few hours I kept thanking her for getting it out because I had forgotten what a normal blink felt like.

Like a hernia or something stuck in my eye I have realized that we all have 'things' in our lives that are really damaging to us if left alone. We simply learn to live with them and they go on hurting us, we forget what it's like to play fully fit or to see clearly. We simply learn to live in discomfort and think it is normal. I want to play fully fit again without any pain, I wanted to see clearly so Macie helped me and I was totally fine in an instant. I am going to a Dr. who knows how to fix my sports hernia so I can play fully fit again.

I have not been able to play to my full potential all year because of my injury but I have still done a good job and most people watching wouldn't even know I was injured. No one except my close family knew about the speck in my eye. I was able to hide it from everyone but I knew it was holding me back. I pray that God will show me things in my life that are holding me back from living my life to the full. Bitterness, unforgiveness, jealousy, fear of what people think etc. Then when he shows me I am going to ask him to heal/ help me because I can't heal myself sometimes. this could be instant healing like my eye or it may take a while, like rehab after surgery.

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find out I never had to live with a certain pain, injury or some sort of discomfort physical, mental or spiritual. Please lift up a prayer for my surgery and I hope this blog somehow encourages you to get 'fixed' anything that is hurting you..

No comments:

Post a Comment