Saturday, October 29, 2011

Thank you Jay and Cindy

Yesterday Miriam and I (Jo) were hanging up fliers on the mailboxes around our apartment complex for an event we are doing next week. As I got out of the car to hang up a sign, I heard a cat meowing. I don't care for cats so I just thought it was under a car or something and I drove off. As I got to the next mailbox, I felt God's Holy Spirit tell me "Go back and look for that cat". You might think this was just my conscience but my conscience doesn't care for cats, so I believe it was Jesus telling me. Anyway, I went back to looked for the cat. I heard it coming from a drain/sewer so I looked down it. I could hear it crying out but couldn't see it so I walked across the street and saw it down at the bottom of the opposite sewer. It was about six feet down and Miriam got a little scared. A passer by helped me take off the grid and as I went down to grab the tiny kitten Miriam started to cry because I had to go quite far down. I picked it up and drove home with it shaking.

I have no idea about cats so I washed it in the sink and Macie got a towel for us to wrap it in. It was shaking and in it's little small voice crying out for help. Macie called our friendly neighbors Jay and Cindy to come over and help, they had taken in a stray cat before so they were sure to help us out. They were round in minutes with cat food, a bed, litter box and medicine. They didn't even speak to me, walking straight up to 'Nala' (that is the cats new name). Cindy held it close to her face and started loving on it. Jay checked to see if it was sick, had fleas etc and both of them surrounded it with love.

It is now 9:25 pm the next day and as Macie and I sit in our living room worshipping and praying to our God there is a little, beautiful kitten running about and playing. Nala was a pathetic, wet, little kitten that had tried so hard to crawl out of a sewer her paws were all scratched off. But because two of our neighbors showed love to her she is now an adorable (temporary) pet for my two princesses Macie and Miriam.

Jay and Cindy saw the gold in something I didn't. Because of their expression of love I now see why people love kittens.

My prayer is that I would see everything with eyes like Jesus, or Jay and Cindy. He sees the gold in us when nobdy else does. I sometimes work in a neighborhood in Charlotte where 'crack heads' and prostitutes walk down the streets; I wonder what gold is in them? When someone is rude, arrogant or selfish I will try to look past that and try to find the gold. Our heavenly Father made us all to shine. But because of this sinful world and the effects it has on us people sometimes look like pathetic, lost, beat-up kittens. Love draws out the gold in all of God's creation.

As I finished writing this Nala came and sat on my lap. We are looking for some people to love her and give her a home because we are moving to England shortly.

Thank you Jay and Cindy


1 comment:

  1. I wanted to thank you for listening to God's voice telling you to go back and get that kitten from the drain pipe. Through a turn of events she came to be my cat and I cannot express the joy and love she has brought to my life. So thank you for hearing and trusting that God was telling you something important.

    ReplyDelete